Community Blog – Thank you to our SupportersApril 3, 2020
Great Western Air Ambulance Charity to assist with transferring COVID-19 patientsApril 10, 2020
Welcome to the third GWAAC Community blog - thank you so much for reading to see what your local air ambulance Community Coordinators have been up to during lockdown. As I write this, I am reflecting on the third #clapforcarers and key workers this week. Seeing the solidarity for our key workers on the frontline during this pandemic, including our crew, was incredible and really puts into perspective what happens when we all come together – in addition to possibly being the largest pots and pans band!
We have been equally inspired by the ways you, our amazing supporters are continuing to come together to support your local air ambulance at home - from the 44 people climbing their stairs to keep active with our Flights for Flights challenge to supporters like Richard, who is donating the cost of his usual trip to the barbers to GWAAC. This could be substituted for your daily coffee stop, bus fare or perhaps money you would have spent on lunch - visit Richard's Justgiving page here. And a thank you also goes to those growing their beards out in the isolation beard movement - we think it's great to see all the creative ways you're supporting us!
Easy ways to continue to support GWAAC from home
Shop for GWAAC
- Amazon Smile – If you’re a keen Amazon shopper login via Amazon Smile and choose us as your selected charity – Amazon will make a donation to us for every purchase.
Search for GWAAC
- Change your default search engine to Everyclick, select GWAAC as your charity and for every search you make a donation will be made to us!
Recycle for GWAAC
- If you’ve got clothes that can be recycled into something new drop them into one of our recycling clothes banks – find your local bank here https://biugroup.co.uk/banklocator/
- Recycle your old mobile phones and electronics for GWAAC by trading them in online
- Recycle used printer ink cartridges - find out how here
- Turn unwanted books, games and DVDs into a donation to GWAAC with a free service from Ziffit.
- If you have a scraped car you’re able to donate Give a Car will send a donation to us if you use their service.
- Take the opportunity to have a clear out and get some boxes of items ready to donate to our new charity shop. Find out what you can and can't donate online here.
Have a birthday during lockdown?
Why not set up a birthday fundraiser on Facebook? Get your friends to donate the cost of a drink, or a gift to your birthday fundraiser and raise money for GWAAC.
If you've made a donation to us before...
Gift Aid it! If you’ve made a donation to GWAAC make sure we have a gift aid declaration from you (we can retrospectively reclaim on donations within the last 4 years!)