We are a registered charity in England and Wales, No. 1121300. We are registered with the Charity Commission.
Everyone receives the lifesaving pre-hospital emergency care they need, wherever they are, whenever they need it.
Deliver cutting-edge pre-hospital care to everyone who needs us.
- We put people first
- We behave in an ethical manner
- We strive to decrease our environmental impact
- We reflect on our performance and learn from others
- We are inclusive and welcoming
- We are grateful for the support we receive
Our Strategic Objectives
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will Act Locally to provide an excellent and innovative Pre-Hospital Emergency Care service that supplements and supports NHS services.
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will Impact Nationally and Influence Globally by improving Pre-Hospital Emergency Care for the benefit of all patients, identifying effective interventions, promoting good practice and developing innovative new approaches.
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will be a highly regarded and ethical charity, maintaining stability and our ability to Act Locally through diverse and sustainable income streams and prudent expenditure.
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will be recognised and appreciated as a charity that Acts Locally, is funded by and works for local communities, is people-focused and grateful to supporters.
We are governed by a board of Trustees, who set the charity's strategic direction and hold the appointed officers to account. Our Trustees are:
We are registered with The Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising. Our fundraising activities comply with the Fundraising Code of Practice
We operate a weekly lottery to raise funds, which is regulated by the Gambling Commission.
Thanks to the generosity of the supporters of our lottery, we are proud to declare that £1.2m was raised in 2021, which represented 63% of the gross proceeds, after prizes and expenses. We are extremely grateful for the ongoing support from all of our lottery subscribers, which will ensure the continuation of our service into the future.