Great Western Air Ambulance crew responds to major Avonmouth incidentDecember 3, 2020
GWAAC’s Critical Care Doctor awarded MBE in New Year Honours 2021!December 30, 2020
It’s around this time of year many community groups, local businesses and larger organisations start to consider who they might support in the New Year. If you’re thinking of a great local charity to support in 2021 here’s how you’ll be making a huge difference for your community by choosing Great Western Air Ambulance Charity…
- As the local Air Ambulance for Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, Bath and NE Somerset and North Somerset your support will have a real impact in the area you love to live and work in. Helping us to attend on average over 5 incidents each day to provide potentially lifesaving care.
- It wouldn’t be possible for our crew to do what they do so well without the incredible support we get from our communities keeping us operational. GWAAC receives no day to day government or national lottery funding – on average each incident we attend costs £2,000.
- We aren’t a taxi! Our Critical Care Doctors and Specialist Paramedics bring the skills and equipment of a hospitals accident and emergency department to the patient – including two units of o- blood!
- Our Great Western Heartstarters programme runs in high schools across the region, teaching children and young people how to deliver effective CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator increasing confidence in life saving skills – receiving CPR within the first two minutes can double the chance of survival.
- Whatever you choose to do we will support you every step of the way and beyond! Your local Community Coordinators are on hand to provide all the support, advice and resources to make your fundraising a success!