GWAAC opens second shop in YateAugust 9, 2021
Announcing Air Ambulance Week 2021August 27, 2021
Almondsbury Airbase Chocolate and Almond Cake
Serves 8 - Gluten Free
- 4 large eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C. Line and grease an 8 inch loose bottomed cake tin. Whisk the eggs and salt until they are foamy. Add the sugar a teaspoon at a time. Whisk on high for 5 minutes until it is pale and silky.
- Put the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts until melted. Add the melted butter. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs ⅓ at a time and gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Once the eggs are incorporated, sift over the cocoa powder and ground almonds and fold in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and top with the flaked almonds. Bake for 40 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice cream or cream.