We are a registered charity in England and Wales, No. 1121300. We are registered with the Charity Commission.
People in our area receive the best Pre-Hospital Emergency Care.
To relieve serious illnesses and injury by the provision of Critical Care Teams, primarily via air ambulance, to Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Bristol, North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset and surrounding areas.
• We put people first
• We behave in an ethical manner
• We are inclusive and welcoming
• We are grateful for the support we receive
Our Strategic Objectives
1. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will provide a Pre-Hospital Emergency Care service which supplements and supports NHS services
2. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will be a centre of excellence for Pre-Hospital Emergency Care, promoting best practice and developing innovative new approaches for the benefit of all patients, without diverting charitable funds from core activities
3. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will be a highly regarded and ethical fundraising charity, maintaining stability through diverse and sustainable income streams and prudent expenditure
4. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will be recognised and appreciated by local people as a charity that works for them, is people focused and grateful to supporters
We are governed by a board of Trustees, who set the charity's strategic direction and hold the appointed officers to account. Our Trustees are:
- Martyn Drake (Chairman)
- Nigel Pickersgill
- Jonathan Benger
- John Houlden
- Caroline Peters
- Matthew Thomas
- Karen Edgington
We are registered with The Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising. Our fundraising activities comply with the Fundraising Code of Practice
We operate a weekly lottery to raise funds, which is regulated by the Gambling Commission.
Thanks to the generosity of the supporters of our lottery, we are proud to declare that £1.14m was raised in 2017, which represented 63% of the gross proceeds, after prizes and expenses. We are extremely grateful for the ongoing support from all of our lottery subscribers, which will ensure the continuation of our service into the future.