Our promise to you
Supporters drive everything we do at Great Western Air Ambulance Charity. With no day to day government funding; it is only thanks to your generosity that we have been able to save thousands of lives in our local community.
We’re committed to making sure that we use donations as effectively as possible, and that we’re providing the highest levels of customer service and care to our supporters. Giving to us should be a great experience and so we have developed this Supporter Promise.
From fundraisers to highly skilled paramedics and senior consultants, we are a team, all committed to the following values:
- We put people first
- If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
- If you are unhappy with anything we have done whilst fundraising you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure, designed to be easy to understand and follow.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.
- We behave in an ethical manner
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Fundraising Code and with this Supporter Promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety, and the environment.
- We will tell the truth and won’t exaggerate.
- We’ll do what we say we’re going to do, or tell you if we cannot because things have changed.
- We will answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs, we will answer them openly and truthfully. Get in touch with us or take a look at our Impact Report.
- We will help you find the information you need about our charity and service.
- We will keep you up to date with our life saving work and how the money you raise is helping your local community
- We are inclusive and welcoming
- We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
- We are grateful for the support we receive
- We are clear about who we are, what we do, and how your gift is used.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift, and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving we will respect your decision.