Great Western Story Writing Competition 2020 Terms and Conditions
Please read all terms and conditions carefully before submitting a story.
This competition is run by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
- The Great Western Story writing competition 2020 is open to all children aged 16 and under.
- Entries to the competition must be written in English.
- The submitted story must not have been previously published or broadcast.
- Entries may only be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries may be submitted until midday 14th April 2020. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- Authors must consent before their entry is submitted and must include contact information (name, age and email address) so that the author can be contacted if they are the winner.
- Stories should preferably be typed. Where this is not possible and the story has been hand written, the writing must be legible
- Authors agree that Great Western Air Ambulance Charity may publish the story on their website
- Short stories not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be considered
The Short Story
- The story must be no less than 300 words and not exceed 500 words. Please note: 500 is the maximum word count but not a specific target.
- The story must be based around the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity crew and has to include their helicopter – Helimed 65
- All entries received by the deadline, minus any that do not qualify, will be considered.
- There are two categories for the competition – age 11 and under and age 12-16. A winner and two runner- ups will be chosen from each category.
- The stories will be judged by some of the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity crew and announced on Friday 17th April 2020.
- The winner of each category will have their story posted on Great Western Air Ambulance Charity’s website.
- The competition will be run by the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
- By entering the competition, authors consent to their name and entry being published on Great Western Air Ambulance Charity’s website and social media channels in the event of being selected as the winner or a runner up.
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions and deadline. Any changes will appear here.
- Authors who enter the competition will be assumed to have accepted the terms and conditions
- Any queries on these terms and conditions can be directed to email@example.com