Proposal for a Mission Support Centre
Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) provides an essential and much valued service to our local communities, but we lack suitable facilities for our work. Our clinical operations have been based at our Emergency Air Operations Base (EAOB) located south-east of Almondsbury village, since October 2018, while our charity team and other activities operate out of unsuitable rented office accommodation in South Bristol.
Overview of proposal
Our proposal is to add an extension to the existing EAOB hangar, in a discrete location on the eastern side of the building, to form a Mission Support Centre enabling all GWAAC’s activities to operate from a single building. The proposed extension will create much needed space and facilities for crew and staff wellbeing, as well as to offer support to our former patients and their families when they get in touch.
Please note that this proposal will not affect the movement of our helicopter and will have no impact on the number of flights or hours of the helicopter's operation.
The proposed Mission Support Centre would:
- Provide excellent training and development facilities for crew, charity staff and others
- Provide a Patient and Family Liaison Service, sensitive to the needs of these groups
- Support our crew’s mental and physical health through provision of space for debriefing, supervision, and a gym
- Raise more money through deeper engagement with actual and potential supporters
- Improve workplace efficiency by bringing all GWAAC staff and crew together
- Improve the environmental sustainability of our buildings
- Provide a 24/7 service by car through provision of sleeping pods for overnight workers
View the proposal
Have your say
We would like to hear your views on this proposal. Please review the information provided on this website and send us your feedback via the survey link below.
The survey remains open until Monday 16 May.
If you would like a paper copy of the plans and/or a feedback form, please contact us on 0303 4444 999 or email@example.com.
What happens next?
Following the public consultation, feedback will be carefully considered, and appropriate amendments will be made to the design before we submit a second stage pre-application to South Gloucestershire Council. Following further feedback and appropriate amends, we will apply for planning permission.
The consultation period runs from Monday 25 April to Monday 16 May 2022.
Subject to planning permission, work will commence onsite in 2023.
If you have any queries, please contact GWAAC on 0303 4444 999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.